Because it seems like a good idea...
Yesterday it was suggested that I start a blog.
I honestly never thought about the idea but the points made were very true.
I often make art to express my feelings and frustrations, but it's one thing to make art that expresses and another to actually put down in words the ways that I am feeling.
So I thought perhaps it might be cathartic to write down my thoughts and keep them somewhere I can reflect back on them at a later date.
SO
I'll write about my thoughts when I feel like it.
Today, I'm feeling better than I was at the beginning of the week. I'd woken up feeling a sudden rush of ennui about my current state of life. I think I often feel this way when I stay home all weekend just drawing at my desk. On the one hand, I feel very productive when I sit at home working all weekend, but I think it's probably not the best thing for my mental state to not leave the house.
I'm hoping that when winter is finally over I'll feel more motivated to get out and do something but it's been so cold lately that I can't find the motivation to get out and do much.
When I feel that way, I get this overwhelming lonely feeling. Despite knowing I'm not exactly alone, though all the same, I feel it. It's not exactly that I'm lonely per se.... being alone doesn't especially bother me. However, I feel like I want to do SOMETHING, with someone. Even just watching a movie or just hang out.
I miss having someone to just BE with. Going out and drinking is fine and dandy but it always leaves me with the same hollow feeling by the end of the night as I walk home by myself taking in the somber sounds of just before dawn.
But I know that feeling inevitably passes and I move on and forget about it until the next time I feel it.
It doesn't get me down too much though. Since I moved to Japan I feel a lot better. All and all you could say I'm about 60% happy.
Not so bad.
Comments
Post a Comment